- 1 cup sooji (semolina)
- 1tbsp coconut powder
- 1cup dahi (yogurt)
- 1 green chili
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- 6 curry leaves
- 1/4 tsp haldi (turmeric powder)
- salt 3/4 tsp or to taste
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp ENO salt
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 green chillies
- pinch of asafoetida
- 1 tbsp oil
- chopped green coriander for garnishing
- grind green chili,ginger,curry leaves with yogurt .
- in a bowl mix all the ingredients and yogurt mixture except eno salt ,and make a thick paste .
- cover it ,let it sit for 1 hour.
- heat the steamer, greased the 6'' cake pan.
- add eno salt in the semolina batter and mix it very well.
- pour batter in greased pan and placed it in steamer, cover with lid and steam for ten minutes.
- when a little cool cut into squares.
- heat oil in a small pan add mustard seeds when seeds begin to crackle add sesame seeds when they pop, pour over dhoklas.
- garnished with chopped coriander leaves.
- serve with coriander chutney.