Methi Ka Paratha
1cup fresh methi leaves coarsely chopped
1/2 cup coriander leaves chopped
2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1tsp fennel seeds coarsely pounded
1tsp cumin seeds coarsely pounded
1 tbsp oil
2 cups of whole wheat flour
salt to taste
1/2 cup butter milk
water for making the dough
- mix 1/2 tsp salt in chopped methi,coriander leaves, chopped green chilies and ginger garlic paste.
- In a mixing bowl mix wheat flour,salt,turmeric powder fennel seeds and cumin seeds powder.
- mix very well flour and methi leaves mixture.
- add butter milk little by little and knead the flour add water till it binds properly.
- add oil and knead a little more to make smooth dough.
- cover it and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- divide the dough in 6 small size balls.
- roll each ball like thick roti.
- place it on hot tava(griddle)and roast it on both sides.
- put some clarified butter or ghee while flipping.
- serve them with curd,pickle or any chutney.