Sweet potato kheer
1. 250 g sweet potatoes grated
2. 1 liter milk
3. 1tsp ghee
4. 200 g sugar or to taste
5. ½ cup dry fruits(almonds, cashew nuts ,pistachios, raisins)
6. 2 tbsp grated coconut
7. ½ tsp cardamom powder
8. 1tbsp kewara water with saffron
· Wash, peel and grate sweet potatoes.
· Heat a saucepan add ghee and 2cardamom seeds then add grated sweet potatoes stir well and cook 1 minute until sweet potatoes become translucent.
· Add hot milk, stir and bring to boil, lower the heat and let it simmer for 20-30 minutes.
· Add sugar, dry fruits, coconut flacks and cardamom powder.
· When kheer becomes of desired consistency remove from stove.
· Add kewara water and saffron( dissolve in little warm milk)
· Serve hot or cold of your choice.