RAW MANGO CHUNDA
- 1 kg mango grated
- 600 ml water
- 1 1/4 kg sugar
- 1 tbsp tartaric acid
- 200 gr dry dates( chuara)chopped
- 100 gr almond chopped and roasted
- 1 tsp green cardamoms powder
- pinch of ground saffron
- 2 drops of kewra essence
- boil water in a pan,tie the grated mangoes loosely in muslin cloth and put it in boiling water for 5 minutes.remove it and spread on dry clean cloth.
- in the same water add sugar and tartaric acid and boil keep removing the scum.
- when syrup is of one thread consistency add grated mangoes and dry dates keep cooking and stirring till the syrup is of two thread consistency
- add almonds cardamoms and saffron and cook 5-7 minutes more or till it is three thread consistency.
- remove from heat add kewara essence.
- pour in dry and sterilized jars.