DOUBLE KA HALWA
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 loaf of bread
- zafrani colour
- ghee for frying
- dry fruits for garnishing
- cut the crust of bread slices and spread over paper towel or on clean cloth to dry them ( this way bread will absorb less ghee when fried.)
- mix water and sugar in a pan and make syrup of one tar consistency add 1tsp lemon juice and zafrani color and 1 tsp cardamom powder in syrup(.lemon juice used to clear the syrup and stop crystalization of sugar)
- on medium heat fry the bread slices light golden color
- dip fried bread slices in warm sugar syrup, let them absorb, carefully remove them in a dish.
- garnish with dry fruits and silver foil.
- serve with rabri(concentrated milk)