- 3/4 cup moong dal
- 1/4 cup urad dal
- 1 tsp ginger green chili paste
- pinch of asafoetida
- 1 tsp salt
- red chili powder
- 1tsp roasted and ground cumin seeds
- tamarind chutney
- soak both dals for 5-6 hours drain water and make thick fine paste in grinder add 2-3 tbsp water if needed.add ginger green chili paste and salt.
- heat oil in frying pan for deep frying .
- whip batter for 3-4 minutes in circular manner.
- heat should be medium to high.
- drop batter with round spoon or with hand, fry them golden brown.put them on paper towel.to remove excess of oil.
- these fried vada can be stored in freezer.(take them out as many you want defrost them in microwave for one minute then soaked them in hot water)
- soak vadas in hot water for 5 minutes remove them press between your palms to remove excess of water.put them in a dish.
- beat curd to make it smooth, pour over vadas.
- sprinkle cumin powder,red chili powder,salt and tamarind chutney over dahi vadas.
- for 6-8 vadas 2 cups of dahi required.