- 750 g chicken pieces
- 500g basmati rice soaked for 1/2 an hour
- 1 bud of garlic
- 2'' ginger
- 1 onion
- 1tbsp whole coriander
- 1tbsp fennel seeds(saunf)
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- 2whole red chilies
- 1tbsp whole garam masala
- in a pan pour 6 cups of water add chicken pieces,1tsp salt and whole garam masala(2 bay leaves,1'' cinnamon,2 black cardamom,10 pepper corn,4 cloves)
- make a small muslin cloth bag(potli) in it put pealed garlic cloves,chopped ginger,one onion chopped,coriander seeds,fennel seeds,whole red chili,cumin seeds.put this bag in , pot and cook chicken until chicken is tender.
- remove and discard muslin bag.
- remove chicken pieces from yakhni(liquid in which chicken was cooked)
- cook rice in the yakhni
- in an other pot heat 1/2 cup of oil and fry one sliced onion light brown ,take out onion from oil.
- in the same oil add 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste 1tsp red chili powder,1/2cup yogurt,1tsp garam masala powder and salt, fry masala for 2 minutes then add cooked chicken and fry chicken in the masala
TO ASSEMBLE IT
add half the cooked rice to the cooked chicken ,mix thoroughly and transfer to a oven proof pan,spread remaining half of the rice over it. sprinkle some kewara and saffron mixture,crushed cardamom, fried onion,few mint leaves ,.4tbsp of melted ghee or oil and 2tbsp milk cover it or seal it with foil.
place it in a slow oven(125c)for 20 minutes
- serve with raita.