- 6 cups grated raw mangoes(kalmi,gola,kesar or any variety)
- 8 cups sugar
- 2tbsp salt
- 2tbsp roasted and pounded cumin seeds
- 2-3 tbsp red chili powder
- pinch of asafoetida
- 1tsp ghee
- 1tbsp whole garam masala
- mix the grated mango and salt and leave it for 2 hours,stir it in between. mango juice will ooze out.
- add sugar and mix well till the sugar is dissolved cover and put aside for 5-6 hours.
- boil the mixture until two tar consistency , in the mean time check the sweetness if it is too sour add more sugar. add red chili powder ,cumin powder and asafoetida
- heat ghee add whole garam masala add this in cooked pickled.mix well.
- fill the pickle in a glass jar.
- this can be preserved for more than a year.
it is a very tasty pickle can be serve with vegetarian or non vegetarian dishes .kids love this pickle.