- 250g chickpea flour(besan)
- 250g gram dal (chana dal)
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4cup ghee
- 1/2 L milk
- 1/2 cup makhaney
- 1/2 cup chopped dry fruits (almonds,pistachios,raisins)
- wash and soak chana dal for 4 hours.boil dal in 1/2 L milk till dal gets tender and all the milk absorbed.grind to a paste.
- heat 2tbsp ghee and fry makhanay take them out, in the same pan add more ghee and fry besan on very slow heat until it turn light pink and nice aroma comes.take it out.
- in the same pan add rest of the ghee add crushed cardamom then chana dal paste fry it ,add sugar keep stirring,when it gets dry ,
- add fried besan and makhaney and chopped dry fruits.mix well.
- take out halwa in a greased plate.
- decorate with chopped almonds and pistachios