7. Salt to taste
8. 2 potatoes
9. Oil for frying
- Wash,peel and cut potatoes into thin slices.Put them in hot salted water for 15 minutes to soften. Drain the water and let them cool.
- Sieve basan and corn starch together .Add all the ingredients, except oil and mix well
- Add enough water to make thin batter
- Heat oil in large frying pan .Dip potato slices one by one in batter.
- Deep fry the pakoris in hot oil and fry them till golden brown. The pakoris should be turned during frying.
- Serve with chutney or chilli garlic sauce
Variation - Instead of potatoes small whole spinach leaves,grape leaves,eggplant slices ,cheese slices and strips of bread slices can be used.