1. 1 kg mutton chops
2. 250 g dahi
3.1 tbsp garlic paste
4.1 tbsp ginger paste
5.3 sliced medium sized onions
6.2 tsp cumin powder
7.2 tsp coriander powder
8.1 1/2 tsp chilli powder
9. Salt to taste
10. 250 g refined oil
11. Whole garam masala
(1/2 tsp. black pepper 1/2 tsp, 6 cloves ,4 black cardamom,one inch stick cinnamon
4 green cardamom,1/4 nut meg ,zafraan and kewaara)
- In dahi, mix ginger paste, garlic paste,chilli powder,coriander powder,cumin powder and salt.
- Rub this dahi mixture in chops and leave it to marinate overnight in refrigerator for best results.
- Heat oil in a pan add sliced onions with whole garam masala. Fry onion slices till they turn light golden in colour.
- Remove the pan from heat and take out fried onion and whole garam masala
- In the same oil now put the marinated chops and cook. Keep stirring for five minutes.Put the lid and cook until meat is tender on medium to slow heat.
- Grind the onion and whole garam masala together and add to the cooking chops and stir well.
- When oil start separating from meat, and meat is tender; add little water for the gravy(if you like).
- Add green cardamom powder, zafraan and kewara in chops. Cover the lid again and remove from heat.
- Eat it with Sheermal, Rumali Roti,Naan.