I wish to share this recipe which my daughter-in-law made. It is a very lightly spiced recipe.
To make it more spicy, adjust accordingly.
1. Small /medium sized Whole Bhindi/Okra -15 to 20
1. Haldi(Turmeric) - 1/2 tsp
2. Lal Mirch (Red Chilli powder)- 1tsp or less
3. Dhania(Coriander powder) - 1 tbsp
4. Amchur (Mango powder) - 1 tbsp (Available at Indian stores)
5.Saunf powder - 1/2 tbsp (Available at Indian stores)
6. Oil – 1/2 tbsp
1. 2 tbsp - oil
2. 1 tsp – Zeera (Cumin seeds)
3. 1 peeled and chopped garlic clove
4. Pinch of asafoteida (optional), (Available at Indian stores)
1. Wash Bhindi or Okra. Dry it with a cloth or paper towel. Slit it length- wise.
2. Stuffing - Mix all the ingredients together for the filling.
3. Stuff all the Bhindis/ Okra with the help of fingers. Keep them aside.
4. Prepare the seasoning in a deep and heavy bottom pan.
5. Heat oil then add Zeera / Cumin to it and wait till it changes its color .
6. Add chopped garlic and let it become golden, then add asafoteida(heeng).
7. Now add the stuffed Bhindi /okra to it.
8. Cover cook on medium heat for 15 minutes or till it becomes tender.
9. Serve hot.